Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Microwave Bread

Bread with pot roast and potatoes
Well folks, it took me well over a year, but I finally figured out how to make bread/biscuit-ish in the microwave! Let me clarify. It came out a sort of spongy, soft, almost cake-like bread, with a consistency similar to moist cornbread. It won't get the crusty effect of an oven, but it made a nice soft bread with good flavor.

I figured I could use Bisquick mix, but wasn't sure exactly how it would work in the microwave. My first attempt was a stiff dough like what you would make for biscuits in the oven, and the result could probably crack a windshield if thrown hard enough. There had to be a better way!

My second attempt was a much wetter batter, more like what I use for Microwave Cakes, and I added minced garlic and Italian seasoning for flavor. The finished product was a soft and tasty bread/biscuit. I served it with roast and potatoes, and was great for soaking up roast juices!

Side view of bowl of bread
Ingredients:
1/2 cup Bisquik baking mix
1/3 cup water
1 Tbsp olive oil
Seasonings to taste

Mix all ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl until batter is smooth with no lumps. Microwave 90 seconds and check. If bread is still a little doughy, microwave another 30 seconds. Let cool, it will firm up more as it cools. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment