Sunday, December 11, 2016

Spinach-stuffed Chicken

Spinach-stuffed Chicken with Rosemary Pepper Potatoes
This recipe is very, very similar to my Spinach-stuffed Bacon-wrapped Pork Chops recipe, but significantly less work! I knew I wanted to experiment more with the idea of cheesy spinach stuffing, especially since I don't usually like cooked spinach! Last time, I used fresh spinach, sautéed with butter and garlic and then mixed with cheeses, but this time I used half a block of frozen spinach. We just recently received a fridge in our truck, and it has a tiny freezer in it - I can't tell you how excited it makes me, because it opens up possibilities that were never available before, such as frozen fruits and veggies!

Ingredients:
5 oz frozen spinach, reheated
4 oz lowfat cream cheese
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
2 Tbsp parmesan cheese
4 tsp fresh minced garlic, divided
2 large chicken breasts
Additional seasoning to taste

Mix the reheated spinach with the cheeses and 2 tsp minced garlic, set aside.

Rub the chicken breasts in minced garlic and any other desired seasonings. Cook in a skillet on medium heat till juices are clear and no longer pink. Carefully cut a slit lengthwise down the middle of each breast. Holding the slit open with tongs, spoon spinach mixture into the opening. Add more spinach mixture on top and allow to cook until thoroughly heated (any excess spinach stuffing can be heated in the pan). Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment